How to choose a Career
There are essentially 5 kinds of careers. Based on what kind of a person you are one of these paths would be suitable for you. Even when you change careers you would usually remain in the same domain as the earlier career.
- imagine something to be – design (pre-production, software flowchart, leader, visualizer, CEO, story writer)
- create that something – create (production, animation, database, programming, giving birth, cinematographer, graphic designer, farmer, director)
- personify/ finish/ repair/ socialize that something – humanify (e.g. UI, UXD, VFX, surgeon, social media, marketing, teacher, media, lawyer, finance, sportsman, actor)
- test/ audit that something – check (e.g. hacking, QC, lab technician, customer support, administration,auditor, analyst, statistician, sales, municipal corporation, referee)
- delete/ save something – protect/ destroy (e.g. army, security, builder)
- recreation – is to inhale the creativity – it is not a career. this is the leisure we seek once we have added value to this world by choosing our path from above.
Most of the jobs allow you to do more than one of the above actions. However, the above clubbing is generally true given the maximum time spend area. So once you identify one of these areas as your liking for e.g. if you’re a sportsperson, you like to do things – collaborate. You humanify the dry sportsground and bring joy by being there. So you belong to category 3. So if you try to do work that belongs to category 2 your probability of success drops. I can write tonnes on this but i think keeping it simple allows you to absorb the meaning and use this in your life. Best of luck.